To help make it possible for prayers for the protection of the creation to be held in many places during the United Nations Conference in Paris, we give an outline below for a prayer vigil.
If you wish, we can announce that such a prayer is to be held in your town. Please send the details to this address info2015 taize.fr.
An Alleluia can be sung after each verse.
- O Lord, how numerous are your works,
wisely you accomplished them all,
your fulness covers the earth,
the whole creation hopes in you.
- You send out your creating breath,
you renew the face of the earth.
For ever the glory of the Lord!
May the Lord be glad in his works!
- All my life long, I will sing for the Lord,
while I live, I will praise my God;
may the Lord take pleasure in my words,
since all my joy is in God.
Bénissez le Seigneur
During this song, candles may be lit as a sign of the light of the Resurrection.
Here are two possible readings, inviting people to praise God for the Creation. If people from various countries are present, they can be invited to read a short section in their language.
Jesus said: Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? [...] And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Bless the Lord
Litany for the Creation
Between each of the intercessions Kyrie eleison can be sung.
1) Loving God, you are present in the universe and in the smallest of your creatures, surround with your love all that exists.
2) Creator God, teach us to contemplate you in the beauty of the universe, where everything speaks of you.
3) God of love, you make us the world’s protectors, teach us to contemplate the Creation.
4) Creator God, awaken our praise and gratitude, give us the grace to feel ourselves intimately united with all that exists.
5) God of love, enable us to help the abandoned and the forgotten of this world, who have such value in your eyes.
6) Creator God, you are with us every day; support us in our struggle for justice, love and peace.
7) A special intention for a current situation
Prayer of brother Alois
God of all kindness, everything that exists comes from you. You renew our joy in your creation, and give us a heart attentive to those we meet. And then we can better show your luminous presence for every human being.
- Ô toi l’au-delà de tout or I am sure I shall see
If wished, a time of prayer around the Cross can be included here.
- Jesus remember me
- Bleibet hier
- Misericordias Domini
- L’ajuda em vindrà
Photo © Wiesia Klemens